- 0.1 #1 Beyond Wooden High Chair with Tray, by Abiie
- 0.2 #2 Blossom 4-in-1 Convertible High Chair Seating System, by Graco
- 0.3 #3 Fresco Chrome + Pad Starter Kit, by BLOOM
- 0.4 #4 3 in 1 Baby High Chair Booster Seat Toddler Chair with Eating Table, by Dearbebe
- 0.5 #5 Nook High Chair, by Joovy
- 0.6 #6 Wooden High Chair Adjustable Feeding Baby Highchairs Solution with Tray for Baby/Infants/Toddlers, by Asunflower
- 0.7 #7 Smart Clean Trio 3-in-1 High Chair, by Ingenuity
- 0.8 #8 Tatamia Stripes, by Peg Perego
- 0.9 #9 Flair Highchair, by Boon
- 0.10 #10 4-in-1 Total Clean High Chair, by Fisher-Price
- 1 Do I really need a high chair?
- 2 How to choose the right high chair for my baby?
Abiie’s Beyond Wooden High Chair with Tray has a bunch of colors for you to choose that don’t influence the product’s price and if needed, the cushion set can be purchased separately in different colors. With adjustable height and a firm base that won’t allow your baby to dangerously rocking in it growing up, this chair doesn’t recline, being better for babies older than six months and that doesn’t bottle-feed anymore.
With this high chair you may want to use a separated seat pad, because not only depending on your baby’s age the backrest can align with the baby’s head, allowing less support, but the cushion design also doesn’t go over the top edge of the sit, leaving unprotected wood that can easily become uncomfortable for your baby. The nice design of this chair doesn’t take much space and its wood is finished with scratch resistance, but many people complain of the durability of the plastic parts and the size of the tray being too small for plates not in baby size.
- The chair height is adjustable;
- Comes with a 3-years warranty with 1/2/3 years extended protection plan, adjustable and removable safety straps, stain resistant and waterproof removable cushions that can be spot cleaned with a damp cloth, removable tray, and a dishwasher washable removable plastic tray cover.
- Easy to assemble, seat on and off and move around;
- Made of solid wood;
- Modern design with small footprint.
- The buckle can offer resistance;
- The provided construction hardware might have to be substituted.
Graco’s Blossom 4-in-1 Convertible High Chair Seating System comes with a few colors for you to choose, but also for different prices. This high chair comes with a wipe-able and machine washable leatherette seat pad with safety straps, three dishwasher washable removable trays, 4 recline positions and 3 removable footrest positions, but some babies don’t like these chairs safety straps, and my tip for this is to purchase a padded shoulder safety belt to substitute this one if this is the right high chair for your baby.
The high back of this high chair offers enough support for the baby’s back and head, and the reclining system makes it easy to bottle-feed your baby. While the footrest can only be moved one step closer or away and for small babies this might not be enough, the seat pad is made of soft fabric and is easy to wipe out. It takes a lot of space because can’t be folded to be stored and the tray needed to get a little closer for small babies not to drop the food, but the harness is firmly secured with a good safety design.
This high baby chair has a good low price compared with other high chairs in the market and considering that it offers multiple-usages thinking on your baby’s growth, it’s totally worth it. My best tip for this product is to consider your kitchen table’s legs before purchasing because the ones with legs fit betters than the pedestal based ones. And if your baby is too agitated, with a table’s support, it might become easy to pull this chair out of place, so keep one eye open.
- Can accommodate two children simultaneously;
- Comes with a wipe-able and machine washable leatherette seat pad with safety straps, three dishwasher washable removable trays, 4 recline positions and 3 removable footrest positions;
- Easy to clean and sit on and off.
- Bad packing.
BLOOM’s Fresco Chrome + Pad Starter Kit come with no color options, but its reclined positions are very comfortable for bottle feeding since it has a high back that will give your baby plenty of support. The pneumatic height adjustment is perfect to adapt your baby’s meal to any space and the 5-point safety straps also come with padded shoulder straps.
This product comes with two trays to feed the different needs of your baby, one big scratch resistant and anti-slip adjustable for meal time and a smaller one for playing time. In the end, the high price of this product will feel compensated for the comfort, support, freedom of feeding, freedom of movement and adaptability the seat pad starter kit of this high chair can offer to you and your baby.
Dearbebe’s 3 in 1 Baby High Chair Booster Seat Toddler Chair with Eating Table is available in the market for the same price as Ingenuity’s Smart Clean Trio 3-in-1 High Chair, but in this products case, the few colors you can choose between won’t make any difference in the products final price. I believe the best thing about this baby high chair is to be convertible in a chair and table set that your baby will be able to use until later in life.
This is an easy to assemble and to clean baby chair with a lighter weight than other options in the market, and the only thing that can take you a small time is to unscrew the safety straps in order to machine wash them, but at least you’re assured that they won’t leave your baby unprotected in any case.
- Convertible from high chair to baby chair and table;
- Comes with removable washable 5-point safety straps, washable cushions, and dishwasher-safe removable tray;
- Easy to assemble and clean;
- Straps can be difficult to remove.
Joovy’s Nook High Chair comes with a few colors for you to choose, but it will influence the price of the product, and you probably won’t even feel, since this is one of the cheapest baby high chairs available in the market. This baby chair comes already assembled, being light than others and perfect for you to fold and storage or take in the car and carry around since it comes with handlers. It also comes with a tray that not only can be adjusted to four positions but is also removable, swings open to take the baby out and put back in the seat and can go in the dishwasher.
Its seat pad can be machine-washed and the safety belt has a 5-point security mechanism. You’ll also receive in the pack a cover and non-scratch the floor pads that will make all the difference in those agitated days when your baby just wants to play around. Besides that, it’s an easy to clean product that will give more free time to relax and play with your baby.
#6 Wooden High Chair Adjustable Feeding Baby Highchairs Solution with Tray for Baby/Infants/Toddlers, by Asunflower
With no color options, Asunflower’s Wooden High Chair Adjustable Feeding Baby Highchairs Solution with Tray for Baby/Infants/Toddlers is very easy to move around and clean. With a pop in and out mechanism that secure the tray in place, you may find it harder than usual to take away, but so will your baby. This high chair is not as high as the other options available in the market, having its heights somewhere between a regular adult’s chair and a regular baby high chair, so it might not be the right choice for taller parents.
This high baby chair comes with adjustable height and footrest positions and removable tray and safety belt, but you might want to purchase a separated seat pad and covers. Because it comes without instructions, the assembling process can be a little tricky, but if you need plenty of movement to take your baby comfortably with your anywhere in the house, this might be the right choice for you.
- Comes with adjustable height position, adjustable footrest for seven different positions, removable tray and removable safety belt;
- Easy to move around and clean.
- Lower height than other products in the market;
- Difficult to assemble;
- Delivery can take some time;
- Can be difficult to assemble;
- Bad packing.
Ingenuity’s Smart Clean Trio 3-in-1 High Chair comes with a few colors for you to choose, but they influence in the products final price, what you probably won’t even feel, because this is the cheapest baby high chair on this top 10, delivering in quality more than you paid for. It comes with two trays, both removable and adjustable, that offer a good safety system, but you need to be attempt because they can feel locked being unlocked and vice versa.
The safety belt and the seat cover that comes with this high chair can be machine washed, making the cleaning process easier, and the reclining mechanism will offer all the comfort your baby need to be feed, doesn’t matter if the baby is still small enough for bottle-feeding. The locking mechanism in the wheels can be a problem because they are designed to activate at each small movement, what means its awesome to keep your baby safe, but can be tricky for you to maneuver. The fact that the wheels can be a little noisy and that you can’t adjust the footrest can be a problem, but usually don’t make that much difference.
- Comes with two removable and adjustable trays, 3-in-1 seating mechanism, machine washable safety straps and seat cover and reclining mechanism.
- Footrest isn’t adjustable;
- Takes a lot of space;
- Wheels are noisy.
Peg Perego’s Tatamia Stripes comes with a few colors for you to choose without influence the price, a big and stable tray that will give your baby plenty of space and freedom of movement, a removable seat pad, and a 5-point safety belt, but you might want to keep an eye on the swing of this chair to assure your baby’s complete freedom of movement.
The one-year warranty of this product is a good argument against the low durability it can have, justifying in parts the high price you’ll pay for this product. The nine heights adjustment mechanism is a great plus to put your baby in good and comfortable positions, doesn’t matter if its meal time or playing time, and the folding of this product is compact enough to store or take in the car for a trip.
- Comes with a fully reclining seat, 5 points safety belt and removable seat pad;
- Adjustable to nine heights and folds up compactly for storage;
- Fast delivery;
- One-year warranty.
- Can be difficult to maneuver;
- Low durability;
- Bad design for a swing.
Boon’s Flair Highchair comes with a few colors for you to choose between, and being in a medium to high price range, you may feel the impact of each color in the final price. This is an easy to assemble and clean product that rolls smoothly, besides not having the option to adjust the footrest. Some people find problems with the height adjustment but don’t seem to make much difference since this chair usually fits all the baby’s needs.
My tip if you decide that this is the best baby high chair for your baby is to spray it with water mixed to chlorine on cleaning and wipe it out using hot water to keep it stain-free for a longer time. Just be advised that this product is heavier than other available in the market, what doesn’t affect its movement at all, being better to stay home than to be carried around.
- Comes with 5-point safety straps, dishwasher-safe tray liner, urethane casters to protect floors, removable seat pad, foot-activated lift for height adjustment, foot pedal for single-step braking, rollers for movement
- Easy to assemble and clean;
- Rolls smoothly.
- The footrest isn’t adjustable.
Fisher-Price’s 4-in-1 Total Clean High Chair comes with a few color options that influence the product’s price. The cleaning part is a dream because almost all of it, excluding just the legs assembly, can be put in the dishwasher, but you need to take care because the material of this high chair isn’t stainless. This baby chair safety straps are made with a good quality material that will feel soft against your baby’s skin, but you may need a little more effort than you initially thought to low and raise the sits of this chair.
This baby high chair has an adjustable mechanism that allows the tray to move forwards and backwards to better fit your baby’s needs, but no mechanism to secure the tray in place, making it easier for agitated babies to flip it away, and the safe wheels can be a little too hard to turn and maneuver. The worsts complains I’ve heard about this product was about the folding mechanism not working like advertised and the number of small spaces where food can get in.
For a low price when compared to other baby high chairs available in the market, this product comes with lots of parts that will help you to better feet your baby’s needs, doesn’t matter if it’s for feeding or playing, and is easy to assemble, no tools needed. This is a heavy baby chair, and you may find its tray to be heavier than the others too, or maybe smaller than your needs, but this weight is just what offer the safety your baby need.
- Comes with six heights and three reclining adjustments, removable machine washable seat cover and seat pad with safety straps, safety straps to fix the high chair to a dining chair, removable parts that can be placed on dishwasher for easier cleaning, storage container, and adjustable tray;
- Easy to assemble and remove and replace washable parts for cleaning;
- No tools needed for assembly;
- Safety straps are made with the soft good quality material.
- Need a lot of space;
- Chair comes with lots of small spaces that food and other small pieces can get in;
- Can be difficult to fold and adjust height;
- The tray comes off too easily.
Do I really need a high chair?
The answer is yes! A high chair is important not only to assure that your baby meals will be made in a hygiene place designed only for that purpose, leaving your baby as far away as possible from germs and bacteria, but also to give the baby a stable place to eat when the solid food phase starts and to play during the day, assuring different ambient for a good and stable routine since the bottle.
It’s good for the baby to be able to move around with you, since staying in one place the whole day can be boring and the lack of influences can show its impact at the sleeping time, when the baby will still have all that day energy to spend. The high chair is the place you can put the baby to have the first meal of the day, carry around the house (and with some light and portable options, everywhere you want) during the day not only to entertain your little one but also for you to have freedom of movement, and even put your baby to be sited on the table during a meal or playing time.
How to choose the right high chair for my baby?
The first thing to look into when choosing a high chair fitted for yours and your baby’s needs is the backrest of the chair, that needs to be higher the younger your baby is. After all, you can’t bottle feed your baby if there’s no support for the head, and when the baby grows you don’t want any problems with the edge of the back being to align with the baby’s head. The safety support comes next, needing to have enough safety points to assure your baby will still feat during growth, and also that it’s soft on touch and can be easily cleaned (for this, the removable ones are better).
From here on you need to look closely at what are yours and your baby’s needs before choosing your high chair. For example, some baby chairs are designed to fit under tables with the tray, being lower in height, what would be unfitted for taller parents. My tip is to stick with removable and easily washable parts that you know you’ll be able to use for a long time.