- 1 Crib Mattress Reviews
- 1.0.1 #1 Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Infant/Toddler Crib Mattress
- 1.0.2 #2 Colgate Eco Classica III Dual firmness Eco-Friendlier Crib mattress
- 1.0.3 #3 Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer Dual Sleep Surface Crib Mattress
- 1.0.4 #4 Newton Wovenaire Crib Mattress
- 1.0.5 #5 Serta iComfort Dawn Mist Firm Foam Crib and Toddler Mattress
- 1.0.6 #6 Emily Crib Mattress
- 1.0.7 #7 Lullaby Earth Breeze 2- Stage Crib Mattress
- 1.0.8 #8 Stitch and Cradle Natural Foam Crib Mattress (Includes Waterproof Protector)
- 1.0.9 #9 Simmons Kids Beautyrest Beginnings Sleepy Whispers Ultra Deluxe 2 n 1 Crib and Toddler Mattress
- 1.0.10 #10 My First Crib Mattress
- 1.1 How to choose the Best crib mattresses for yours?
- 1.2 What type of mattress is best for a crib?
- 1.3 What type of mattress is best for a baby?
- 1.4 What size crib mattress do I need?
- 1.5 Are breathable crib mattresses safe?
- 1.6 How many coils should a Perfect Baby crib mattress have?
- 1.7 How to choose quality foam baby crib mattress?
- 1.8 Why not buy Toddler mattress from an adult mattress company?
|Product names||Takeaway Messages||Buy now from Amazon|
|#1 Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Infant/Toddler Crib Mattress||An award winning mattress, made from soybeans grown in the U.S. and one that complies with all standards|
|#2 Colgate Eco Classica III Dual firmness Eco-Friendlier Crib mattress||This dual sided mattress can be used for years and it supports your baby’s body very well|
|#3 Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer Dual Sleep Surface Crib Mattress||Bed bug and dust mite proof baby mattress that is equally for infants as well as toddlers|
|#4 Newton Wovenaire Crib Mattress||The 3 D space over and the use of Wovenaire technology makes it unique|
|#5 Serta iComfort Dawn Mist Firm Foam Crib and Toddler Mattress||Is world’s first breathable memory foam that offers support to your baby as a whole|
|#6 Emily Crib Mattress||The mattress is made from Eco-wool, which is 100% organic and comes with 10 years guarantee against any defect|
|#7 Lullaby Earth Breeze 2- Stage Crib Mattress||3D air flow technology and lightweight baby crib mattress|
|#8 Stitch and Cradle Natural Foam Crib Mattress||Comes with a waterproof mattress protector that keeps your baby safe from leaks|
|#9 Simmons Kids Beautyrest Beginnings Sleepy Whispers Ultra Deluxe 2 n 1 Crib and Toddler Mattress||With 231 luxury coils and proper certifications, this mattress makes as one of the Best crib mattresses for sure|
|#10 My First Crib Mattress||This hypoallergenic memory foam baby mattress is compliant with all the standards|
All parents want their babies to sleep peacefully and with maximum comfort. We all do and this is quite normal for us to feel like this. For this, you may need to get a good crib mattress for your baby. This is why we have dedicated this post to the best crib mattresses.
Crib Mattress Reviews
We have taken the initiative to help you identify what crib mattress best fits your need. Just read this section and then invest in the one you think is right for you.
This is mattress won the Women’s Choice Award in 2013 and 2014 and that speaks volumes about it. This is made from renewable energy like that of soybeans that have been grown by skilled American farmers. This is mattress is made in the USA and is considered to be the safest for babies.
- It is light in weight
- It is certified by prestigious CertiPur-US
- This means it is free of contaminants like flame retardants, PBDES, mercury, phthalates, formaldehyde, lead, TDCPP or TCEP too
- This is a waterproof mattress
- It can keep away allergens and dust because of this property
- This mattress complies with all the standards including the GREENGUARD Gold, which suggests this does not compromise the quality of your indoor air
- It may make your baby feel hot and sweaty
- Its firmness is too hard for a baby, although it must be added that a baby should be given an adequate orthopedic support
What this makes mattress different from the rest is that it has been infused with plant oils and this implies your baby remains safe in its environment. This mattress is made from 6 inches of the firm mattress (dual) that is required for the development of your child. You can flip the mattress (for the firmer side) as your child grows. In addition to this, it must be noted that Colgate has been manufacturing mattress ever since 1955. They are compliant with all the government rules and that renders your baby safe.
- The dual-sided mattress could be put to use for years to come
- Colgate Eco Classica III has been certified by GREENGUARD and this means your indoor remains safe
- It is firm enough to shape and support the body of a baby
- It comes with organic cotton cover that is certified
- Nonetheless, it is light in weight that helps you change sheets
- Way too firm for a baby, but then again you need to provide your baby with all the required support
This is the best rated baby mattress that you can ever lay your hands on. Moonlight Slumber happens to be a premium company that manufactures maternity and nursery products since 2002. Their products are safe, luxurious and tested by parents that will provide you with peace of mind. The fabric used in this mattress is of medical grade and that indicates it is antimicrobial, odor free and water resistant. You can find more about this mattress in here:
- Its firmness is ideal for infants as it supports their structure well
- Dual-sided means it is soft for toddlers
- Contains essential plant oils
- The seams are SafeSewn, which connote that it is safe from dust mites and bed bugs
- It is easy to clean and that steals the show
- Made in the USA makes it an authentic product
- Very expensive, but quality comes at a cost for sure
Newton is a startup that has learned from its own experience. They have made use of the Wovenaire technology that was originally invented in Japan and now it is being made in the USA as well. The Newton Wovenaire makes use of food grade polymer (10% of the core) which is hands down a safe bet for your baby. The rest is 90% free air that makes this mattress cushy. It contains latex and springs which is 100% recyclable. There is more to it and you can find all the answers to your questions in the discussion below.
- It is a breathable mattress (3D spacer cover) which means your baby will not feel suffocated in it
- You can use for it years as it is good for a baby as well as for a toddler
- It is recommended by pediatricians
- Can be washed easily
- Is free of allergens
- You may need a mattress protection with it
- It is a very expensive for a mattress
This Serta iComfort also has soy-enhanced foam that makes it organic and the iComfort technology makes it an exclusive productive. This technology uses a medical cover that is stain and water resistant. Not to mention, this is the perfect choice for infants and toddlers. It is free of lead, PBDE fire retardants, formaldehyde, mercury, prohibited phthalates and other harmful chemicals because of the Certipur-us certification. We have collected all the details in regards to this product down here.
- It firm enough which is good for an infant
- World’s first breathable memory foam that offers support for your baby
- Keeps heat away from your baby
- Certified by Green Guard Gold, as it does not emit dangerous gases and keeps the environment safe
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- You may need a waterproof sheet to cover this to keep it further protected
- Comes with a higher price tag
Your baby sleeps in a natural environment in the best possible ways. These mattresses are handcrafted with organic cotton. They are quilted all over by Eco wool and that makes a world of difference for your baby. This Eco wool is produced extensively in Oregon and California. It is a natural flame retardant which means your baby will sleep in a secured surrounding. In addition, the 150 coil of innerspring provides the much-needed assistance. So, you know that this is a one of a kind of a toddler mattress. Here is some more on this mattress that may help take that call.
- Made from 100% organic material
- It is a two-sided mattress that you can flip in case of an accident
- Certified by Green Gold, which suggests that there is no contamination of air in your house
- My Green Crib is made in the USA
- Comes with 10 years guarantee against defects
- It has a strong smell and that could be a big turn off
This is a breathable crib mattress that is designed with advanced 3D honeycomb technology. This technology keeps the air flow in the mattress balanced and your baby sleeps in a cushion of air. It is super light in weight and weighs only 8 pounds that entail changing of the mattress easily. It is a snug mattress and parents find it reliable because it can regulate the temperature as well. Overall, it considered being really good for the baby.
- Has dual firmness that has support for both infants and toddlers
- This insinuates that you can use for years to come
- Is double waterproof with 3D airflow
- You simply wipe clean this mattress when needed
- Is free of PFC, vinyl/PVC, polyurethane foam and any other dangerous chemical
- It is very pricey for a baby mattress
- It is firm, good for the baby, but parents may not like it because of that
A mattress from Stitch and Cradle is always made keeping your baby’s comfort in mind. This mattress is no exception to this rule and which is why this has been named on this list as one of the best crib mattresses. They use high-density foam in the base to provide utmost care along the breathable holes. This is done to avoid sagging of any kind and this ensures that your baby can sleep without the fear of SIDS.
- Made from 100% organic material and the polyester cover is breathable enough
- You get a waterproof mattress protector that keeps your baby safe in case of diaper leaks
- Moreover, the mattress is machine washable and this is a much-needed quality of a baby mattress
- This mattress has been made with layers of foam that takes care of your growing child
- Yes, it has an odor right of the box, but it eventually goes away
The Beautyrest Beginnings is a mattress that is really worth a shot. It has layers of foam that build up the firmness very much required for a growing baby. It has a cover of a superior and medical grade fabric that is waterproof as well as safe for your baby. This mattress has been made in the USA and that makes it an authentic product for use. In case, you want to know more about it, then here is more on it:
- 2 in 1 design makes it handy as you can use it infants as well as for toddlers
- It comes packed with 231 coils that provide extra support to your baby
- The cover is stain resistant and it is like a blessing in other words
- This has been certified by both CertiPUR-US and Greenguard Gold
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- You may need to careful with seams of this mattress
Parents want the best for their wards and there is nothing wrong with this. In the same way, thinking about creating an atmosphere of comfort around them for sleeping as they spend first 5 years in their cribs is a sign of wisdom. Mention has to be made about this memory foam mattress from My First Crib Mattress that is both cozy, yet firm. This gives your child maximum support and it does not make noises that help them sleep quietly. Yes, but it needs to air it out of what they call as the “new car smell” in the beginning.
- It takes 24 to 72 hours to deflate and get into shape as it comes compressed for good
- Is compliant with most of the standards
- Has been certified by CertiPUR-US
- Is waterproof and is washable which makes your life easier
- Has hypoallergenic and antimicrobial properties
- It unzips half the way which could be a problem at times
- Cannot be used right of the box as it takes time
Choosing the best crib mattresses may not be that difficult if you follow our instructions. There is one more thing that you may need in this respect and that would be patience. Yes, you need to be patient with a baby and while buying products for it, you may need a little more than required. We all know that parenting is not a piece of cake, but you must not forget that you want to best for your bundle of joy and there is nothing more important than them. That said, you must not give up on your hunt if their comfort is your prime concern.
How to choose the Best crib mattresses for yours?
There is no fixed answer to this, but what we can ask you to do is to look for a mattress that is compliant with the standards to ensure maximum safety to your baby. Another factor that you should look into is that of easy cleaning, as you may need to spot clean a lot.
What type of mattress is best for a crib?
The foam mattress is made of polyurethane and is an affordable option for many parents across the world. Organic mattresses cost more, but the best organic crib mattresses are the safest of all because they are made from 100% organic material. Innerspring baby mattresses offer orthopedic support to your baby. So, it is totally your choice as to what kind of baby mattress you would like to opt for.
What type of mattress is best for a baby?
Ideally speaking, the more the layers, the better it is for a baby mattress. Now, what matters is the quality of these layers. You need to make sure that the brand you are buying it from is a reliable one. Again, the mattress has to be firm to conform according to the shape of your baby’s head. It must not be suffocating and should keep the probability of sudden infant death syndrome or SIDS at a bay.
What size crib mattress do I need?
Look for this, the crib you are using is the main decider, as your mattress needs to fit into it. Finding the Perfect Baby crib mattress dimensions is not a big deal as there are standards that you need to follow. The right length of the mattress must be 27 ¼ inches width, 6 inches in thickness (depth) and 51 ¼ inches in length. In addition to this, there should be a gap of 1.25 inches between the crib and the mattress to avoid suffocation as per the U.S. norms.
Are breathable crib mattresses safe?
Practically speaking, breathable crib mattress reduces the chances of SIDS. See, the problem begins from the moment a baby starts rolling on its belly. That happens between the age of four to six months and the parents get paranoid. However, these mattresses can make parents feel secure in a positive way.
How many coils should a Perfect Baby crib mattress have?
You should try to find a baby mattress with 130 to 150 coils as this is considered to be the standard. It must come with a gauge of 15.5 or less to make it snug for your baby.
How to choose quality foam baby crib mattress?
A foam mattress should be firm and heavy in weight. Additionally, you must take the manufacture’s reputation into consideration. You must invest in something that is compliant with the Federal rules to assure your purchase.
Why not buy Toddler mattress from an adult mattress company?
This is because you will never know what kind of quality of mattress they are actually giving you. Most of them would simply provide you what they offer adults, but you already that a baby’s needs are different. Again, some can even get into shady practices of buying a local heavy mattress that will not hold up good in the long run. Why not buy it from a company that manufactures only baby mattresses to avoid all this!